08 November 2009

Alright, so this time it was my fault...

I have been robbed not once, not twice, but now three times. The first two I feel were out of my control. Last night, though, was just foolishness. I brought my little bag, that contained nothing more than about $10, my cheapo cellphone, keys and cough drops to the bathroom when we were out dancing. I left it in the bathroom without realizing it. About 5 minutes later, when I realized and went back, it was gone.

So I have officially lost all contact to the outside world both foreignly and domestically.

The most liberating part, though, was that I really didn´t even care anymore. I no longer have any material attachments, I think. So I just kept bailando until 5 in the morning, like they do here... salsa, merengue, reggaeton, gaita, cumbia, without a care in the world...

1 comment:

  1. Hey blog readers. We heard from Anna that Yervio's computer was acting up. Since Anna's computer is somewhere in Stolenburg, this leaves her woefully computerless for now.

    So...it may be hard for her to make regular blog posts for a while.

    If anyone is an expert on Venezuelan import/duty/tariff rules and regs, please let us know so we can send her a computer.

    Given her experiences and most companies' unwillingness to ship to Venezuela, what do you think are the odds it would actually arrive?

    ReplyDelete