04 December 2009

Yes yes yes!

Well, I am thrilled to say that I am finally writing to you all on my very own brand spankin’ new computer sent all the way from the US of A. That’s right, about a month after the tragic theft of my computer and camera, I have both again and I am so excited to share all of my tales with you!!!

First of all, let me update you on the thief drama in Valera. After thinking through the whole facebook friendship with man who stole my electronics from my bedroom, I decided it would be prudent to delete him from my facebook friends. So I did just that about 3 days ago, hoping that I could just put the whole event behind me. With my new computer, new camera and new attitude, I felt that it was a bad idea to have e-friends that I knew were capable of robbing me. So with a click of a button, I thought I was erasing all contact that I might have with the maldito, forgetting about him by intentionally eliminating him from my life. Well, to my EXTREME surprise, within 24 hours, the TIPO noticed that I had unfriended him and he RE-FRIENDED me… UNBELIEVABLE! So not only did he rob me AND friend me on facebook, he re-friended me when I insisted that we were, in fact, NOT FRIENDS, but rather something like enemies. I am considering writing him a long message full of all of the Spanish and English curse words that I can think of. Good idea or bad idea, what do you all think???? I am torn. It just sounds so, so , so… satisfying. And yet, I usually try to avoid offending dangerous drug addicts with knife scars and tattoos all over their bodies… especially ones that have previously robbed me of all my valuables. He did bring me pizzas and fish when he was still courting me though, so I guess it was more like a trade. A camera and a computer for a couple of cheap dinners… I definitely lost. One point for the dangerous drug addict. Zero for me.

The other most recent thief news is fresh chisme (gossip). Another laptop was stolen from the University last night, except this time it was a somewhat impressive, though offensive act of thievery. The thief scaled the side of the university building, managed to remove the second story window, enter the university building and steal a laptop that a faculty member had left there overnight. Pretty ballsy, huh? So just to clarify what this means-- we are dealing with creative, agile, and fearless thieves here…

But enough about robbery, let’s talk about something else… I leave tonight for a FABULOUS two week long trip! Zach (from Merida) arrived yesterday afternoon in Valera, and tonight marks the first leg of our adventure to the other side of the country. We will be visiting such spectacular places as, Angel Falls, Roraima, Caracas, Puerto Ordaz, Ciudad Bolivar, and WHO KNOWS where else!! Actually, we have everything planned out, so we do know exactly where we are going… generally a good idea not to wander aimlessly in dangerous countries. Here´s our plan, follow us on a map!:

December 4th: Leave Valera. Night bus to Caracas
December 5th: Arrive in Caracas. Stay with a very gracious Embassy employee. Prepare for Sunday morning flight.
December 6th: Fly from Caracas to Puerto Ordaz at 10 am. Visit crazy waterfalls in Puerto Ordaz. Take night bus to Santa Elena de Uairen.
December 7th: Rest in Santa Elena de Uairen
December 8th-14th: 7 day long Roraima TREK with Kamadac Tours (It sounds pretty hard core)
December 14th: Night bus to Ciudad Bolivar OR Fly to Canaima (Details pending)
December 15th or 16th - December 18th or 19th: Boat tour of Angel Falls, sleep in bush camp right in front of the world´s tallest waterfall
December 19th: Fly from Ciudad Bolivar to Caracas.

Back to Valera??? I´ll probably take a bus by myself back from Caracas, since Zach is headed back to the USA to visit his family for Christmas!

So that´s the latest. I won´t be around for about two weeks, but if there is an internet café I will try to sneak in a blog post. Love you all and happy trails!

4 comments:

  1. "Unfriend" era la "Palabra nueva del ano 2009" por el Dictionario Oxford. Hay muchas palabras nuevas cada ano in ingles (espanol no, lo siento), y en 2009, "Unfriend" es numero uno. Entonces, debes trabajar fuerte in desamigoando el maldito. Buena suerte....

    ReplyDelete
  2. -8 degrees Fahrenheit at home this morning. Wish you were here...and I wasn't. How cold is it on top of Roraima?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Annabananaface, if a girl were going to send you an xmas letter (not package), what address should she sent it to? What is the likelihood that it will actually reach you?

    xoxo
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're an obie, anna. don't forget that that makes you fearless, too.

    ReplyDelete